WIRELESS AND VPNS
March 1, 2000, New Orleans
Hosted by WRQ
The next PCCA standards and architecture meeting will be held in New
Orleans to coincide with CTIA's Wireless 2000. The all day meeting will be
on the topic of using virtual private networks with wireless networks.
The meeting will be on March 1, which is the last day of the
and will be from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Meeting AgendaMEETING AGENDA
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM - REVIEW OF PCCA PROGRAMS
- Why VPN technology is so important for wireless networking.
- What is the status of VPN technology and associated standards?
- How VPNs will interoperate with Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)
- How important are VPNs for wireless remote access? What are the remote
access models involved?
- How well are current VPN technologies suited for wireless connections
(issues of overhead, intermittent connections, etc.)?
- What are the pros/cons of end-to-end VPNs vs. carrier-to-customer VPNs?
- What are the effects of carriers using public vs. private addresses?
- What are the differences between general purpose VPNs and VPN
technologies designed specifically for wireless?
- What are the effects of network address translation on VPNs?
- What VPN provisions are being designed into 2.5 G and 3 G networks?
The meeting will be held in a meeting room at a hotel close
to the convention center. Meeting details are being supplied
to registrants only.
If you are interested in participating in this meeting, please
sending e-mail to us with your name, company name,
e-mail address and phone number. There is no fee for attending.
Hotel space is tight, so make reservations soon. If you are
going to attend the CTIA wireless show, you will be able to make hotel
reservations at a discounted rate. See http://www.ctiashow.com for
details about the show and the centralized hotel service. Keep in mind
that Mardis Gras festivities begin the following weekend, if not earlier.