Updated February 25, 2007.
to PCCA Home Page
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A - Meeting and Workshop
Hosted by QUALCOMM
San Diego, CA
February 27-28, 2007
Chair: Peter Rysavy, Rysavy Research
Information for Presenters
3G wireless technologies are becoming widely available, and their capabilities are undergoing swift evolution. The success of wide area wireless depends on an effective ecosystem of chip vendors, device vendors, operators, middleware providers and applications developers. PCCA meetings provide an ideal opportunity for technical representatives from a broad cross section of the mobile-computing industry to constructively participate in understanding key attributes of new wireless technologies, and to identify and help resolve issues facing the industry.
This PCCA meeting will address the capabilities, deployment, workings, devices and applications of CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A. It will also examine future evolution of the technology through Rev B and Rev C, referred to as Ultra Mobile Broadband. The meeting will provide information, and access to technical experts not otherwise readily available through other industry forums.
The workshop will provide hands-on opportunities to work with Rev A technology.
The PCCA is inviting companies to present on this topic or on closely related areas. We are also open to feedback on what specific items to examine in this meeting.
February 27, 2007. Workshop. 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
The workshop will allow attendees to work with EV-DO Rev A PC cards to test for compatibility with their systems, whether hardware or software.
QUALCOMM will supply PC Card modems operating on the Sprint network that participants will be able to check out for one hour periods.
Test results will belong to the individual participants.
February 28, 2007. Meeting. 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Coffee service and lunch provided.
The agenda is as follows:
- 8:00 to 8:30 Coffee service and registration.
- 8:30 to 8:45 Peter Rysavy, PCCA. Introductions. PCCA meeting schedule and association update. Summary of prior date workshop.
- 8:45 to 9:30 Presentation. Bill Davidson, VP Global Marketing and Investor Relations,
QUALCOMM. Host company presentation.
- 9:30 to 10:15 Presentation. James Person, Chief Operating Officer, CDG. "Global CDMA2000 Adoption and Deployment."
- 10:15 to 10:30 Break
- 10:30 to 11:15 Presentation. Herns Pierre-Jerome, Sr. Project Manager, QUALCOMM. "3GPP2 Evolution and Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB) Overview."
- 11:15 to 12:00 Presentation. Dean Thorson, Fellow of the Technical Staff. Motorola, Motorola. "Rev A in Detail - Capabilities, Radio mechanisms, QoS."
- 12:00 to 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 to 1:45 Presentation. Tugay Eyceoz, Consulting Engineer, Airvana, "VoIP over Rev A - Architecture, Methods, Deployment, IMS."
- 1:45 to 2:30 Presentation. John Wu, Novatel Wireless. "Rev A Embedded Modules."
- 2:30 to 2:45 Break
- 2:45 to 3:30 Steve Tak Wan, Senior Manager, Technical Marketing, QUALCOMM, "EV-DO Rev A Products and Services."
- 3:30 to 4:30 Discussion and analysis.
is subject to change
The meeting will be held at QUALCOMM.
10185 McKellar Ct.
San Diego, 92121
From San Diego International Airport
Follow the signs to I-5 North (take Harbor Dr., to Grape St. and then turn left). Stay on I-5 North until you reach the Sorrento Valley Rd. exit, turn left at the bottom of the off-ramp. Take the next right (across the railroad tracks) on Sorrento Valley Blvd. Take the next right, on Sorrento Valley Road. Follow Sorrento Valley Road (under I-805, where it becomes Mira Mesa Blvd) to Lusk Blvd. Turn left onto Lusk Blvd. Turn left onto Pacific Center Blvd. Take first left onto McKellar Ct. QUALCOMM (building R) is at the end of the court on the right.
We are not holding a block of rooms at a hotel for this meeting. The following hotels are close to QUALCOMM.
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
11025 Vista Sorrento Parkway
San Diego, CA 92130
Wyndham Garden Hotel
5975 Lusk Blvd
San Diego, CA 92121
Homestead San Diego/Sorrento Mesa
9880 Pacific Heights Blvd
San Diego, CA 92121
Marriott Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Mesa
9650 Scranton Road
San Diego, CA 92121
Marriott Residence Inn Sorento Mesa
5995 Pacific Mesa Court
San Diego, CA 92121
San Diego International Airport is approximately eleven miles south of the hotels. You may wish to consider a rental car so that you can get to and from QUALCOMM. From the airport, taxi is approximately $35 one way up to 5 persons. There is also the Cloud 9 Shuttle 858-974-8885 or 800-9-shuttle, http://www.cloud9shuttle.com/.
registration deadline is one week before the meeting.
are intended primarily for PCCA members. However, non-member organizations
may attend for a fee of $375 per person. Executive-level members may send
five people, associate-level members may send two people and affiliate-level
members may send one person to the meeting without incurring meeting charges.
We expect a full meeting and may have to turn away attendees. If you intend to come, please register soon.
here to register for the meeting using our secure Web page.
following information is for people presenting at this PCCA meeting:
are typically 30 minutes to 40 minutes long unless arranged otherwise.
- There is usually a 5 to 15 minute discussion following the presentation.
is a technical audience (e.g., engineering and program managers), so
please make the presentations technical. Emphasis should be
on industry and technology at large, versus selling your product. Consider items such as compatibility, technical alternatives, standardization, interoperability, certification and adoption.
- Generally, 30 to 50 people attend each meeting, representing a broad spectrum of the mobile computing industry, including operators, infrastructure vendors, device vendors, middleware providers and application vendors.
- We will provide an LCD projector.
- We request a copy of your presentation (PDF or PPT) before the meeting
so that we can post it in the members area of the PCCA web page.